Tuesday, February 21

Reflections on My Wife

Today I thought I'd use cyberspace to brag about my wife. Her name is Kathi. There she is...isn't she beautiful? That's a great word to describe her too. Of course, she's beautiful looking...I mean, look at her! But, she's also beautiful in just about every way a person can be beautiful. Beautiful heart, beautiful mind, beautiful character. She also has a great smile that goes from one ear to the other.

She brings so much strength to our relationship. Her constancy in the Lord is the remedy to my frequently unstable spiritual walk. Ever since the day we started dating, her self-worth, meaning, and ultimate joy have been rooted in Christ's love alone. I can't tell you how much pressure that takes off of me knowing that my wife doesn't lean on me for her worth and value. It gives me the freedom to love her in the ways a man is supposed to love a woman (which I do quite imperfectly). Just the other day, I came across Proverbs 18:22 which says:
He who finds a wife finds what is good,
and receives favor from the Lord.
Amen, brother.

1 Comments:

At 2/23/2006 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You honor me.
Thank you so much.
I love you.
And yes, it was the greatest day in wedding history...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home