Monday, February 20

Reflections on Women's Deodorant

I was watching TV the other night and a commercial came on advertising the women’s deodorant Secret. Most of you would recognize the well-known tag line from those commercials: “Strong enough for a man, but pH balanced for a woman.” Well, for the first time I noticed that they changed this slogan. Now it’s simply “Strong enough for a woman.”

I know that this change was probably motivated by a desire to present women as strong and independent (and more than likely was concocted by a bunch of middle-aged men). But, I’m not so sure they knew what they were doing. Aren’t they now just saying that women’s BO is so bad that you need a really strong deodorant? Women, you can correct me if I’m wrong, but I figure you wouldn’t want a deodorant that referenced how nasty your BO is. Ladies, you need a deodorant that’s strong enough to handle your obscene stank. Am I wrong? Just a thought.

Check out Secret's website here for more puzzling quandaries from the world of women's BO.

5 Comments:

At 2/20/2006 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cram, I'm impressed you know so much about women's deodorant!

 
At 2/20/2006 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say, that I know for a fact that women do not sweat as much as men. Therefore, they do not need as strong of deoderant.

 
At 2/20/2006 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe they do sweat more, but they all wear Secret...

 
At 2/21/2006 10:02 AM, Blogger Kevin C said...

I knew it!!! That's what the "secret" is!!! Nasty BO!

 
At 5/07/2006 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you have more important things to think about....Your Sis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home