Monday, March 20

Reflections on Weddings and Guns

There were some problems with Blogger the past couple of days, but I think we're back online. Well, this weekend Kathi and I were back in Ohio for a wedding. My good friend Emily Fedorka is now Emily Brown. It was fun to watch her get married. What made it special was seeing how child-like and giddy she was.

I was also a little envious though. God clearly worked in some unbelievable ways to bring Emily together with Josh, and I began to lament how I never had an experience like that. But, that just exposes a particular weakness I have; namely, I have a bad habit of unfairly comparing myself with other people. The truth is that I did have an experience of God bringing me together with an amazing woman. While the details of how Kathi and I came together are markedly different, the result was no less miraculous. That experience is more special to me than anything I could conjure up on my own.

Going to the wedding, however, was not the highlight of the weekend. Kathi, myself, Brian, and Karin all stayed at Kathi's parent's house over the weekend. They live on a farm south of Canton. Sunday morning Kathi's dad took all of us out shooting. We each took turns firing a .22 rifle at a milk jug. It made for some pretty sweet pictures. I put them all in my Fun Pictures photo album, so click here to check them out.

1 Comments:

At 3/20/2006 9:56 PM, Blogger Randy said...

These pictures are quite possibly the greatest things mine eyes have ever seen. More blogs need to feature pictures of my friends with guns. I'll get to work on that post haste!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home