Wednesday, April 5

Reflections on Crack Rocks

God bless my mom. I talked with her on the phone last night. She works at a residential drug rehabilitation facility in Hamilton, Ohio. A few weeks ago she caught one of her clients smoking crack in her room! Crack! Anyway, she busted the person. She made the mistake though of getting some of the other clients to help her clean up the room. Oops. Fortunately, they didn't steal the rest of the unsmoked crack. Instead they threw it in the dumpster out back. Knowing that half the center would probably sneak out there after dark, my mom had to dig through this dumpster and find the missing crack rocks. Crack!! She almost got fired for that.

I love my mom. She has such a heart for addicts. She is a recovering alcoholic and has been wrestling with some form of addiction most of her life (I think right now it's cigarettes). So, she has a particular interest in really loving these people. Unfortunately, much of the time her job is reduced to babysitting adults, but she has some wonderful stories of being able to minister to those who are suffering from addictions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home