Friday, April 21

Reflections on Working Man Blues

I am so bored! I'm at work right now sitting at my desk doing nothing. They're paying me to stare blankly at my computer screen. The past few days work has resembled some sort of cruel medieval torture. Besides Monday, I've had very little to do. I basically arrive at my office, do my morning ritual of checking email and the baseball scores, and then nada...usually I'll have an hour of phone calls to make in the afternoon, and then nothing again till I leave.

I don't want to give the impression that I'm lazy. I want to work. I love the feeling of ending the day knowing that you have gotten something done. The problem is that I just don't have much to do. I'll usually ask my supervisor for something to do, or I'll try to conjure up a job, but it's normally fruitless. What's worse is that I feel like I'm dishonoring God by not working. He provided this job to us when we needed it the most. I'm so thankful for that.

Well, I'm going to see if I can scrounge something up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home