Wednesday, May 10

Reflections on Family Cares

We found out this week that my grandmother has cancer. They're still determining how serious it is. This comes right after recovering from hip surgery as well as a mini-stroke. Please pray for her. I love my Granny. She's such a vibrant and joyful woman. It's hard on her spirit being burdened by all this illness. Kathi and I are going to visit her this weekend while we're in Ohio.

As they say, when it rains, it pours. Last week I got a call at 3am from the hospital in Hamilton letting me know that my mom had been admitted and was going into surgery. She had to have an emergency appendectomy, which they did just in time. Apparently her appendix was close to bursting. She's back home recovering now. We're just adding this to her list of mild to moderate medical malladies. We joke that her medical file must be the size of War and Peace.

Thesis Update
Completed: 70%
Due In: 5 Days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home