Wednesday, May 17

Reflections on Parched Souls

As I was driving to work this morning, I was listening to some worship music. One particular verse that stuck out to me went, "When the nations crumble, the Word of the Lord will stand." The reason it stood out was that I saw in my heart that I really didn't believe it. Of course, there was affirmation in my intellect and will, but something inside me couldn't grasp and hold on to it. I realized that it wasn't just this one verse. There was so much about Jesus that my heart hasn't wanted to apprehend.

These past few months, I've seen how my heart has withered and hardened toward God and His truths. The very essentials of faith have seemed so distant and foreign. God actually accepts me and wants me know and experience His love for me? His truth will outlast any belief or thought the world has to offer?


This is what happens when a Christian is separate from his/her life-blood; namely, the Word, prayer, and fellowship. The verse in Hebrews is so real to me:
See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first. -Hebrews 3:12-14
It's recovery time now. The good news is that there is no place from which Jesus can't rescue me. He is my Good Shepherd. He sees my heart more fully than anyone, and He will restore me by His grace. That is the essense of the Gospel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home