Friday, May 12

Reflections on Road Warriors

Kathi and I are heading out on the road again this weekend. This time it's my parent's home in Dayton, Ohio. We hope that this will be a chance to love and minister to my family, namely, my mom and grandmother, both of whom are sick. We're also hanging out with Brian, Karin, Randy and Sarah on Saturday as we take in a Reds game in Cincinnati. That'll be a good time. But, it will be in the midst of heartache. I pray so much that we will be a blessing to my family this weekend.

On an unrelated note, I just started going through a One-Year Bible reading plan. I've never liked the idea of trying to stuff my Scripture reading into a daily schedule, but my pastor's been pushing it the last couple of weeks. Actually, I've really been enjoying it. Without something like this we tend to gravitate to our favorite passages and neglect the whole counsel of Scripture. I was challenged by some hard wisdom in Proverbs yesterday:
A gentle answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.
The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life,
but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.
-Proverbs 15:1, 4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home