Wednesday, May 24

Reflections on Simple Prayer

I came across a wonderful prayer the other day. It comes from the Guide to Prayer devotional book, and it reads: Lord, give me eyes to see, and ears to hear, and the faith to respond to your words of guidance and love. So simple, and so perfect. It reveals the true heart of a servant. This prayer has helped me to move my eyes away from the chaos around me and inside me. It's so hard to believe that God actually takes joy in my prayers. He responds to them out of His love and grace.

God did show His face to us yesterday. We received a support check from a friend that covers the entire amount of our candidate orientation next month! I felt very undeserving. But, it was a reminder that He is with us and is calling us to ministry. He really does respond out of sheer grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home