Monday, May 22

Reflections on Spiritual Ramblings

I really need to fall in love with the Gospel again. My mind and my heart have been so assaulted by so many ideas and beliefs that it's hard to see the Gospel as the life-giving path that it really is. I fell like I'm stuck in a massive grey area where every exception or special case seems to strip the Gospel of some of its power. Life is so big and confusing - one jumbled mess. People are so complex and intricate. It's hard not to let the Gospel get watered down in my heart when confront with all of this. Am I making any sense?

Back in the early days of his ministry, Billy Graham was confront with challenges to the Gospel, for which he had been working so hard. He had to come to a point where he stepped out in faith and simply believed that God's Word was true. He was determined to stare right in the face of Jesus and never look away. It was then that his ministry began exhibiting power. Truly, the world will pass away, but the Word of the Lord will stand forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home