Friday, June 16

Reflections on Candidate Orientation, Part Four

Big news! As of yesterday, we are officially missionaries with Greater Europe Mission. They told us in the morning, and then we had a comissioning ceremony in the afternoon. The picture is our orientation group at Garden of the Gods. With that hurdle out of the way, we started support raising training this morning. It was eight hours of hearing about building a "ministry partner team" as they like to say.

Honestly though, I'm not sure how to feel right now. We've been praying continuously these past months that God would clearly lead us in this decision. And, He has done so powerfully. But, that same old voice that whispers in my heart is telling me that God really doesn't care about all this. He's not leading, and He really doesn't want to use me. That lie sucks so much joy out of things. I constantly need new eyes to see just how God's heart beats for me.


Tomorrow we are flying back to Chicago. Then it's back to work. Goo. Fortunately, we'll have Sunday to recuperate a little. Thank you for all your prayers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home