Monday, June 19

Reflections on Candidate Orientation, Part Five

Back to real life, eh? Kathi and I got back from Colorado on Saturday. As a result of sheer exhaustion, we spent most of Sunday recovering. Now it's back to the daily grind of the working world. Regardless, both Kathi and I have been so encouraged these past couple of days. Click here for more pictures.

The whole orientation experience was amazing. Once again, God continues to lead us step-by-step through this process. The leaders and staff at GEM were so positive about our candidacy that it served as another confirmation of our call. It was wonderful to hear their encouragement and to share in their burden for Europe. We also were blessed to spend the week with other soon-to-be missionaries and to share this experience with them.

Now that it's all over though, I'm struggling again to really believe that God really wants to use us. I'm particularly saddened by how much I have lost touch with the Gospel. In my heart, I've lost the sense that the Gospel is "the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes." How can I be a minister of the Gospel if I'm not completely in love with it? Please pray for that. I want the gift of God in Jesus Christ to be my passion and joy again.


These next few weeks, Kathi and I are doing nothing but praying. We decided not to start the support raising adventure until we have gone before God in prayer. We're asking Him to give us a right view of support raising, and that He would lead us to the people who would share in this ministry with us.

2 Comments:

At 6/20/2006 9:10 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Kevin,

I really appreciate your honesty in these posts. Your struggle with feeling as though God can't use you aren't unusual (I know I'm dealing with the same thing) and your response to prayer is right on. Satan would like nothing better than to convince you that your redemption isn't enough for you to be used by Christ. It reminds me of C.S. Lewis' "The Screwtape Letters," if Satan can at least get you to think only how you are unworthy then maybe he'll only loose you to the "enemy" and not those whom God would have you lead. Recognizing that God doesn't have to use you but chooses to disarms our enemy and reminds you that you simply have to be obedient and humble, He will do the rest.

We loved getting to know you and Kathi this past week! Can't wait to get together in Chicago soon!

 
At 6/20/2006 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree.
Good attempt at the use of "eh", but it's not quite perfect. Keep trying.
BRS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home