Monday, July 3

Reflections on Ghost Office

Am I completely oblivious? Am I that unobservant? I'm sitting in my office right now totally astonished at what happened to me this morning. I really am at a loss.

So, I pull into campus this morning at my usual ten minutes late, and I walk into a dark and deserted office. Interesting, I thought. Well, I figured that there were probably so many people taking the day off (with tomorrow being the 4th and all) that I had beaten everyone else there that morning. So, I continued with my morning rituals. Made me some oatmeal...checked my email.


At about nine o'clock, I realized that I was still the only person in the office. Now, this is weird. I logged on to our campus's messenger service. There was no one logged on. On a campus of over a thousand staff, there was not a single person logged on to the messenger. Did I miss a freakin memo? Did the rapture happen?

I concluded that somehow I missed out on the knowledge that the entire campus would be closed not only on the 4th but today as well. Simply amazing. How did I miss this?!? Anyway, enough of this...I'm going to go home and go back to bed.

3 Comments:

At 7/05/2006 12:07 PM, Blogger barry said...

ah, but you still found time to blog!

and that says something, doesn't it?

 
At 7/05/2006 12:15 PM, Blogger Kevin C said...

Nailed me...Pathetic, isn't it?

 
At 7/05/2006 3:59 PM, Blogger Notablogger said...

Did I ever tell you the time I met face to face with a tumbleweed...seriously it was one of the most amazing moments of my life. I'M TALKING A REAL TUMBLEWEED...a being (if you will) that has gotten more camera time on the big screen than Will Smith (even if you do except Men in Black 2 as an actual movie).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home