Wednesday, October 4

Reflections on October

October is my favorite month of the year, and everything about it I simply enjoy. The weather gets cooler, and the leaves start to turn. Occasionally, you get a late summer thunderstorm rolling through. More than any other time of the year, I become more reflective on God's beauty in nautre. And, of course, it's baseball playoffs! Although this year we have nothing to look forward except the inevitable Yankees sweep.

It's going to be a bitter sweet weekend. The drive home will be nice, and we're planning on spending sometime with our friends in Columbus. But, it's going to be really hard facing up to the grief. I've been pretty dead emotionally the last few days. I need prayers for comfort and the strength to be sad.

2 Comments:

At 10/04/2006 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont forget that Brian's birthday is in October! Awesome month indeed.

I'm still praying for you, man.

 
At 10/05/2006 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you and Kathi, too, bro.

And yes, October is awesome. Makes me homesick for 2 places - the stretch of turnpike in Massachusetts where you come around this corner and all of a sudden there is this amazing view of a valley with nothing but country rooftops and church steeples and glorious trees - and the stretch of highway from Benton Harbor to Holland. It's a glorious month for travel.

May God's peace fill you this weekend. Amen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home