Thursday, December 7

Reflections on True Identity

This past week, I've been reading Neil Anderson's Victory Over The Darkness, which explores the impact of our identity in Christ. I've been struck by the truth of one of his main assertions, that people the majority of the time act according to how they view themselves. If you see yourself as a failure, then you're probably going to fail a lot. This isn't to say that Anderson is advocating the power of positive thinking. Rather, he's saying that recognizing our status as saints and children of God will make a significant impact on how we live our lives. We'll start to look like saints because that is what we are. I've been really seeing that I don't truly and fully grasp this new identity that I have been given. I want to be able to walk and live in the victory and fullness that this identity entails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home