Monday, January 1

Reflections on Our Christmas Trip

We're are finally back from our Christmas break extravaganza in Ohio. In retrospect, it was a very unusually trip for both Kathi and I. We're not really sure how to explain it. Mostly it was because we never really felt like it was Christmas. We didn't really take the time to prepare spiritually for the Christmas season, so we both felt distant from God in the midst of all the celebration concerning Him. We are hoping that this reminds us to take time to meditate on Christ's birth and the incarnation next year.

But, we did get some pretty sweet gifts! Kathi got me Sufjan Steven's Michigan album, and for those of you who don't know Sufjan, you must check him out immediately. I'm pretty sure he's the most creative songwriter in our generation. Freaking amazing, I say. All consumerism aside, it was wonderful to spend time with family and get away. It was especially great for Kathi to be at home and rejuvenate a little bit.

1 Comments:

At 1/19/2007 12:08 PM, Blogger Notablogger said...

I loved your Nouwen quote so much, I stole it for myself. Thanks for posting that life-giving message by my favorite Henry of all time

 

Post a Comment

<< Home