Thursday, February 8

Reflections on Political Puke

Since we've been back in Ohio, I've been getting a healthy dose of the Fox News Channel including all of its cohorts: O'Reilly, Cavuto, Hannity. Yep, it's neo-conservativism central. Kathi's dad would definitely consider himself conservative, so our news selections usually reflect that side of the political spectrum. It's been nothing but '08, Iraq, and the secular-progressive agenda the past week or so.

So, I can't stand politics. Believe me when I say that it's not because of apathy or ignorance that I am repulsed by it all. At one time, I really did try to have political convictions. Don't get me wrong...I have opinions. But, the more that I try to get a handle on current affairs, the more frustrated I become at the misinformation, agendas, and quasi-intellectual puke that is fed to us every day - Left and Right. By and large, politics isn't so much about doing what is right (I'm sure at the core of their beings, politicians have convinced themselves that they are righteous) but crafting the right image. So, now whenever I see Hillary or Hastert, I think of Isaiah 40:

All men are like grass
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field
The grass withers and the flowers fall
but the Word of our God stand forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home