Thursday, March 22

Reflections on Auto Empowerment

I've never really seen myself as a man's man. I'm not terribly athletic, I don't climb mountains, and I'm not very good at fixing things. So, it was a big step for me to actually learn how to change the oil in my car. For some people, it may seem like a small thing, but I've been forced all my adult life to rely on Jiffy Lube. Yesterday, Kathi's dad opened up their garage pit, and we change the oil on our Honda. It actually wasn't difficult at all. I feel kinda stupid now for having paid someone $30 to do a lousy job of it. You can laugh all you want, but I thought it was pretty cool.

On another note, Kathi and I are hitting the road tomorrow for a speedy trip to Toledo, Detroit, and then PA. We'll be visiting some friends and pounding the pavement for support. After a breif stop back here in Ohio on Monday, we'll be heading out to Chicago then on Tuesday for Frank & Betsy's wedding.

2 Comments:

At 3/24/2007 11:39 AM, Blogger Notablogger said...

Hey Kevin. I hope you are doing well. We'll see you guys at the wedding.

 
At 3/24/2007 3:05 PM, Blogger Burly said...

Is it half-assed or half-ass? In any case, will your new membership be revoked for such language? *wink*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home