Saturday, March 10

Reflections on Blog Etiquette

So, I have some comments about blogging etiquette. I know that I'm not the best at this, but there should be some unwritten social rule saying that you have to write on your blog at least once a week. If not, what's the point of having a blog anyway? You just continually give your friends and other followers false hopes that you may some day give them a morsel of commentary. Instead your readers fruitlessly run through their blogrolls day after day with no satisfaction.

Therefore, I'm putting the following friends on notice for their delinquency in blog posting: Randy Surface, Sarah Surface, Aaron, Leggett, Matt Riley (come on, what's going on in France, friend?!?), Pastor John Ramer, Chris Lorentz, and Ryan Hofacre! Please, give us something! Anything!

In connection with this complaint, there are certain friends of mine out there that should have blogs but don't. They include: my wife, Brian Flora, Dennis Hoyle, Brian Herman, my dad, Neal Herr, Aaron Salentine (he has a blog, but all he does is post pictures of his baby girl...okay, we get it...you think your kid is cute), Frank Andersen, and Eric Sandberg. Please get to work on that for us.

11 Comments:

At 3/10/2007 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I blog on your blog, Kevin? I'll just leave a really long comment every week.

 
At 3/11/2007 9:35 AM, Blogger Happy said...

That's funny... :)

Thanks for leaving me off the list, Kevin!

 
At 3/12/2007 3:20 PM, Blogger Notablogger said...

Wow...I don't know if I'm supppose to be your friend after this. I think we have to dual or something. We'll your not the last friend I killed, but at least we had fun for awhile. BAM! (you're dead).

 
At 3/12/2007 3:21 PM, Blogger Notablogger said...

By the way...she is cute.

 
At 3/13/2007 11:12 AM, Blogger Kevin C said...

Brian - no, you can't just leave really long comments on my blog. You have to actually show little effort and creativity!
Happy - I didn't include you because where you lack in frequency, you make up for in quantity and quality.
Salentine - choose your weapons...I choose the mace!

 
At 3/14/2007 11:43 PM, Blogger Happy said...

I think I'm going to add that to my list of treasured compliments. :) Thanks, Kev. (I'm glad someone appreciates my ramblings.)

 
At 3/18/2007 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I were writing a blog, I would avoid doing one with the name Cram. IT seems that the inexorable right of everyone who disagrees with you is gkto respond by simply saying CRAM it.

 
At 3/24/2007 3:04 PM, Blogger Burly said...

Ramer got kicked off my links ... which reminds me ... you're not in my links ... and you're a friend and a good blogger. Maybe if you say nothing to offend me at the wedding, I'll consider inducting you into my links ... a high honor indeed, eh?

 
At 3/24/2007 9:44 PM, Blogger Burly said...

I have a confession, a rebuke to give, and an apology to make. First, I didn't read the whole post where you proceeded to rip on "kid blogs" because that's what the sfb is and that's what mine is primarily. My rebuke is to you. My kid blog is just fine with me. Even if every post doesn't begin with "Reflections on dirty diapers," or "Reflections on my kid looking cutesy-wootsy." My apology is to the sfb posse. Y'all know that I love y'all ... if you're even reading this kid-hatin' blog. Had I read this post in it's entirety I would have known it was rippin' on you and me. But to be frank (and not like frank anderson), I got bored reading the post - in fact, I fell asleep while reading it. You owe us all an apology Kevin Cram.

 
At 3/24/2007 10:00 PM, Blogger Notablogger said...

Just goes to show you, you take on a father's blog, you take on them all. That's my boyee Burly...I'm so proud of you.

Well Kevin?

 
At 3/26/2007 7:52 AM, Blogger Burly said...

pssst ... just want you to know that i dont' want to take sides, but i fear the sfb. hopefully the sfb understands that i stand fully behind them and behind you ... maybe this isn't a situation where i can remain neutral ... i guess i'll find out ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home