Saturday, May 5

Reflections on Dieting

So, about a week ago, Kathi and I decided to go on a diet. I saw how my dad and step mom had lost some weight on their diet and we got inspired. We're trying to do a low carb/good carb diet - cutting out most of our carbohydrates including all sugars, bread, pasta, rice, etc. We've only been eating some whole grain stuff. This means lots of meat, veggies, and dairy.

The diet was cool for about 2 days, at which point I started really craving Nacho Cheese Doritos. For the past week, I've been hungry all the time. It's amazing how much of our regular diet is all of those filling carbs. Anyway, I feel the diet degrading pretty quickly...I had a sandwich at lunch today. At the very least though, it has helped Kathi and I realize how much junk we do eat and how we can go about simply making better decisions.

2 Comments:

At 5/05/2007 5:36 PM, Blogger Professor Howdy said...

Hope the diet works out...

 
At 5/29/2007 8:59 AM, Blogger Tom said...

So, it's been three weeks (give or take). Are you in shape enough to play some ball next time you're in town?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home