Saturday, May 19

Reflections on Reds Depression

I hate the Cincinnati Reds. Kathi and I went to the Reds-Indians game up at Jacob's Field last night. During the top half of the second inning, the Reds notched four runs thanks in part to a Ryan Freel triple. For a brief moment, I was happy to be a Reds fan. Then, in the bottom half of the inning, they gave up six runs to the Indians offense. It was pathetic.

As I watched Kyle Lohse self-destruct (1 1/3 innings, 5 earned runs), I started to consider abandoning my life-long allegiance to the Reds in favor of a team that is a little less heart-breaking. Perhaps the Indians? Heck, I could be a Yankees fan, and then I know I would be rooting for a winning team. But, I decided that I just couldn't leave'em. I'll continue to watch them with tears in my eyes.

1 Comments:

At 5/19/2007 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful about blaspheming, Kevin--you should never abondon your team to the Yankees of all teams. But continue on in rooting for the Reds forever! I suffered though many White Sox disappointments to eventually see a World Series win. Hey, if it helps, I'm rooting for the Reds too this series.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home