Tuesday, May 15

Reflections on Twenty-Nine

Happy Birthday to me! Yesterday was the big 29, and Kathi and I went down to Columbus to celebrate with the Surface's and the Flora's They took us out to a BBQ joint in Gahanna called Hoggy's (yeah, isn't that awesome). We ate meat, reminisced, and laughed, and good times were had by all. We ended up staying up late looking at old college pictures.

With all the nostalgia that was happening last night, all of us were struck with the uncomfortable notion that we are all getting old! It has been more than 10 years since we all left home to go to college, and it all went by like a vapor. In the blink of an eye we'll be reminiscing ten years from now about how our 30's seemed to pass so quickly. Looking back at all those pictures I want time to slow down somehow.

The other notion that was on the minds of both Kathi and I was whether we'd still be close to all of our college friends in ten years. I have no doubt that Brian and I will be in a nursing home together someday, and I look forward to the day when we can take our kids to visit Uncle Randy and Aunt Sarah. But, other than those two couples, I barely have any contact with the people I was so close to just a few years back. It makes me really sad.

1 Comments:

At 6/04/2007 1:21 PM, Blogger Happy said...

Happy belated birthday, my friend. Don't be sad. Look at all the cool NEW friends you have who can forget your birthday... I'm sure God will provide more of them when you're 40. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home