Monday, June 11

Reflections on Our 2nd Anniversary

Two years ago on this day, I married my wife, Kathi. I always think it's funny when people say that their wedding day is the happiest day of their lives. If you think about it, that's kind of sad. They're basically saying that it's all downhill from there. For Kathi and I, it seems we keep having those "happiest days" continually. I'm so thankful that I married her, and I look forward to many, many more years of joy, companionship, love, and triumph with my wife.

The only sad thing is that we haven't been able to have a "proper" anniversary yet. Last year at this time, we were in Colorado doing our orientation training. This year we've been consumed with support raising. Hopefully, next year I'll be able to treat her to something a bit more special. But, if you asked her, she would say that being near her is special enough.

On a funny note, we did decide to go out and get a bottle of wine to celebrate. We went to the local IGA only to discover there was no wine there (plenty of cheap beer though). Apparently, there's no market for fine wine in Carroll County, Ohio. We ended up getting some Amish wine at a local Speedway. So romantic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home