Sunday, June 10

Reflections on Reds Curse

I'm pretty sure when it comes to the Cincinnati Reds that I am thoroughly cursed. To start with, I haven't seen a winning Reds game in person since at least 1999. I think it all started when I saw the Mets beat the Reds in a season ending playoff game of that year sending the Mets to the post-season and the Redlegs to an early winter break. Since then they have lost every game I have attended whether it's been in Cincinnati or away.

Now I think the curse has even extended to even watching Reds games on television. I can't even remember the last time I've seen them win. It seems that whenever I'm busy in the evening and I can't catch the game, they win. But, when I'm at home and watching, they blow it. I just don't get it. It sucks being a Reds fan.

4 Comments:

At 6/11/2007 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for beating Cleveland for me last night, man.

 
At 6/11/2007 5:23 PM, Blogger Notablogger said...

My latest post includes you. I thought you'd be proud.

 
At 6/11/2007 8:40 PM, Blogger Notablogger said...

Also, I'm with you in being tormented by MLB teams that we love and hate.

 
At 6/11/2007 8:51 PM, Blogger Kevin C said...

Just as an update, I watched to Reds beat the Indians in 12 innings yesterday, 1-0. The TV curse has been broken, but it was close.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home