Sunday, June 24

Reflections on Speedos

Thanks to a blog post by a missionary friend in France, I've only now begun to realize that I will never be able to swim once we move to Germany. It's not that swimming pools are bad over there or that I don't enjoy swimming. It's for the simple reason that I will never never ever ever wear a Speedo. And since that is simply the only swimwear men use over in Europe, I've conclude that I just will never swim. Kathi challenged me in this declaration and said that she wouldn't mind me wearing a Speedo if we went to Greece or something. In that situation, being able to lounge on the beautiful white beaches of the Aegean would be worth my utter humiliation. I responded with the absolute statement that I will NEVER put on a Speedo. I know that people say never say never and that God likes to thwart these sort of declarations, but I'm stating it now for the public record that a Speedo will never embrace my mid-section.

2 Comments:

At 6/26/2007 1:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"People Say "Never Say Never'. Well I'm Saying Never. Colin Powell has a better chance of winning the bronze in female gymnastics."

 
At 6/26/2007 9:17 PM, Blogger Kathi Cram said...

And allow me to clarify more about my not minding if he wore a speedo. That not minding is only valid if all other solutions have been exhausted and if Greece had nice swimming locals -- which I hear it does... That is all that was meant by this "not minding" business. Again, other solutions must be exhausted. Thank you, that is all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home