Thursday, October 4

Reflections on Cubbies Curse

When will Chicago fans learn? Kathi and I are in Chicago this week doing some support raising stuff. On Monday we were watching WGN, and they were televising the Cubs rally held downtown to celebrate their Central Division championship. Through the course of the hour-long rally, they paraded up on stage the governor, the mayor, and several celebrities all of them proclaiming not only a Cubs victory in the Division series but an inevitable World Series win! I really couldn't believe my ears. Hasn't 99 years of disappointment not taught Cubs Nation that jinxes are real?!?

As I write this, we're watching the Cubs get hammered in game two on the verge of falling behind 0-2 in the series. Don't get me wrong. I'm rooting for the Cubbies. But, I believe in baseball superstitions, and it's obvious that with all of their prognostication that they've doomed their postseason chances before a single pitch was thrown. You would think that years of experience would have taught them to keep their mouths shut until they have the Series trophy in hand.

2 Comments:

At 10/05/2007 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Yeah, go...Rockies! Go non-Yankees! Most importantly, GO WHITE SOX next season!

Kevin, I have just realized over this summer that soccer and baseball are my two favorite sports, while football has dropped out of the former three-way tie for first and into a legitimate third place. Baseball's got it goin' on, you know?

Thought you would appreciate that thought.

 
At 10/05/2007 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey again, I just saw on MLB.com there is an article about the Cub's curses. Apparently, there are 7 different curses working against the Cubs, including a form of the Red Sox Bambino curse, because Ruth hit his called shot at Wrigley. Heh, One Billy Goat Curse is plenty - it seems the Cubs will indeed never make another Fall Classic, and especially so if they have to break 7 curses...

Let me once again close with...GO SOX!

here's the story:
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071005&content_id=2251172&vkey=ps2007news&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home