Monday, October 22

To Beard Or Not To Beard

Back in 2002, I took a trip to Europe to visit Brian in France. The day after I arrived, I realized that my razor that I had packed was broken. Since I was on a shoe-string budget, I just decided to not shave for two weeks. Much to my surprise, I grew out quite a lot of facial hair. So much so, that when I got back to the States a few weeks later, I decided to just keep the beard. I donned this beard for about five months that winter. They were the Days of the Beard.

Kathi's always been fascinated with my manly stubble. She looks at pictures from those Days and wonders why her man won't bring back the beard. I've always had an excuse why I don't. It's either because of my job or because it's simply too uncomfortable to grow it out. Well, I folded last week, and I agreed to grow out the beard. So, currently I have a face full of stubble that would put a hobo to shame. Unfortunately, it doesn't quite resemble a beard yet. We'll keep y'all posted on how it all goes.

4 Comments:

At 10/23/2007 1:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

NECKBEARD!!!!!!

 
At 10/23/2007 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soon many opportunities will open up to you as to how you shave it! Mutton chops?...long gotee?...words and designs on your face? I suggest you be creative with you new facial hair--it would be sweet.

 
At 10/24/2007 11:08 AM, Blogger Randy said...

Long live the beard.

 
At 10/24/2007 10:42 PM, Blogger Kathi Cram said...

NO NECKBEARD!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home