Tuesday, December 25

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas, everyone! We hope that all of your are enjoying your families, and most importantly having a day of rejoicing over the birth and continuing presence of Jesus. Kathi and I are spending the day at her sister's place in Wellington. That's been really enjoyable mainly due to Kathi's two young nieces. It's fun to be around kids during Christmas. Plus they just got a Wii.

I say this every year it seems, but I always want to cut through the busyness of the time to really prepare spiritually for the holiday. For the first time in a long time, I did take that time this year. It was a blessing to dwell on the present realities of the truth of the nativity. One of the best things that I did today was listen to a lot of Christmas music. Along with all of the fun secular music, I've absorbed some of the classic sacred songs that I never really stopped to listen to.

Hark! The herald angels sing
Glory to the newborn King
Peace on earth and mercy mild
God and sinner reconciled

1 Comments:

At 12/26/2007 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you mean, "Reflections on Merry Christmas"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home