Monday, January 28

Reflections on Apple and the End Times

Two of my very good friends just bought the new iPhone from Apple. Even though this is one of the coolest things to be made in the last decade, I seriously dislike Apple, Inc. No one can fault them for producing quality machines. But, they've created a subculture around their computers that basically says, "you're not really cool, hip, or alternative unless you own a Mac." The near self-righteousness of many Mac owners (I have many friends who own Macs, so forgive me guys) is repugnant. What is more, I'm pretty sure that Apple, Inc. is a sign of the End Times. Here's how I got there:

To be sure, the iPhone is astounding. I toyed around with one a while ago, and I coveted the ability to seamlessly use your email, internet, play music, make calls, and much more. The technology is amazing. I can easily see how this can evolve into the next generation of ease and convenience. It wouldn't take much to integrate your personal banking and finances into the iPhone. Whenever you buy something, instead of pulling out your wallet just swipe your iPhone. In fact, you could easily make all of your personal identification securely ingrained in your device - no more need for a wallet at all. Heck, why stop there? Who wants to carry around a bulky iPhone? We can just miniaturize it and implant the device into our hands or foreheads. And, just to make security and identification easier, we can electronically imprint all of these devices with a key code, say... "666"!!!!

Does anyone else find it interesting that the first Fall of Man was also initiated by an apple? Is anyone else freaking out?!? While this is mostly tongue-in-cheek, I would be remiss to not acknowledge the seriousness of the End Times. I can't shake the sense the things are beginning to come to head in this world. I may be wrong - there have been many periods in world history that have been mistaken for the Apocalypse. But, there will be a time when it won't be very funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home