Tuesday, August 26

Reflections on Olympic Joy

I love the Olympics! I don't know what it is about them - maybe it's the competition or the national pride. It doesn't matter what the sport is, I'll stay up into the late hours to watch Flatwater Canoing or Badminton. Kathi and I probably watched at least 4 hours of Olympics every day the past two weeks, and we loved it!

Beijing 2008 was particularly exciting. Michael Phelps is amazing. China is going to take over the world. American track and field is overrated. It was all here. The drama, the heartache, the triumph. It was sweet. I hate to say it, but when the competition closed on Sunday, I was actually a little depressed. I'm already looking forward to 2010.

1 Comments:

At 1/24/2009 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2010 is happening in my back yard. Our house is already booked by relatives or I'd invite you!

Just to let you know that I found your blog when I was googling "A Long Obedience" so I could use the quote accurately in my blog. I referenced your blog address in my posting to promote yours. I've put you on my "friends' blogs" list. I like what you say.

How did you get the "My Time" application at the bottom of your blog? You must be in the midwest somewhere. You're an hour ahead of us. Or am I going the wrong direction? I get lost in the bathtub.

By the way, my blog is www.something-about-the-joy.blogspot.com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home