Sunday, June 11

Reflections on Our Anniversary

Today Kathi and I celebrated our one year anniversary! I can't believe it was one year today that we were getting married. What a day. I remember so vividly the weight I felt as I sat in the church nursery before the ceremony. It wasn't that I was nervous or excited. I just had an overwhelming sense of the profundity of the moment. I look back now and see how God's grace has been so evident in our first year together.

So, this evening I took Kathi out to a nice Italian restuarant near our hotel where we had a romantic dinner. Since the first anniversary is supposed to be paper, I wrote her a love letter (per our conversation the other night). And, I also bought her a dozen roses. The problem, however, was that when the flower shop tried to deliver them on Saturday, the hotel told them we had cancelled our reservation, so they took them back. Hopefully, tomorrow I'll be able to get them for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home