Wednesday, August 9

Reflections on Music Selections

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with my recent music crisis. All of your suggestions were great, and my music selection has been rejuvenated. In fact, I recently bought my first non-classical albums in a couple of years. While all of the recommendations were worthy, I finally settled on the help provided by Randy Surface and Aaron Salentine.

The other day I ordered Sufjan Steven's Come On Feel the Illinois. Randy and Aaron as well as the entire Emerging Church crowd are all ga-ga for this guy. Both Kathi and I dig his creative and experimental melodies. Usually I don't get into this sort of Bohemian concept music, but we really like it.

Per Randy's recommendation, I also bought an album from the punk rock combo Ted Leo and the Pharmacists. Definitely punk, and definitely undiscovered. In short, very cool. So, thanks again everyone. For now, crisis has been everted.

2 Comments:

At 8/09/2006 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case we needed further proof that it is a small, small world... Sufjan was a friend of mine at Hope. :) We worked together one summer on grounds crew, and he and a bunch of friends lived just around the corner from me. We had many a fun night on the front porch, listening to Sufjan jam. He's one talented guy, and a gifted poet. How fun is this? I can't wait to find out how many other people we'll both intersect lives with in some way. :)

 
At 8/12/2006 10:42 AM, Blogger Randy said...

Glad I could help. I noticed you didn't pick up any Phil Collins CDs. A crime, man. A crime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home